View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Curious, how do you know when enough is enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728 View Post
For a BLW baby? Dd is 11 months, started blw at 6 months. She really got hang of it around 8 months. Eats large variety and trys new foods a few times a week depending on what we are eating ourselves. She loves to eat and I always wonder if I am letting her have enough. Several foods I only give her a few pieces at a time (small bite size pieces) because if she likes them she stuffs them into mouth one after another... fruits for instance. Do you just let them go till they stop/lose interest? As I don't think she would as long as there is something she likes available! I am not overly worried but sometimes wonder if I should let her have more. She has only once puked after eating when I gave her a bit too much fruit at once/too fast and she stuffed it all in. She seems happy regardless
I do feed until interest is lost. I figure he's learning himself how much to eat so he can self regulate-- amount, speed, and size. His gag reflex will kick in when necessary, but that's really rare. Haven't seen the puking thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I fed until my kids turned away from the food. For my oldest that meant a pretty good sized meal. For my middle child that usually meant 2-4 bites. For my youngest it can mean anywhere from 1 bite to a good sized plate depending on his mood. None of them had or have weight issues.

With my big eater I did limit how much was on the plate at a time to prevent the food stuffing.
I've got a big eater and he's not a stuffer so I put out what I think is reasonable and usually he's asking for more at the end-- so I give him more. Start small and go bigger- I think that will depend on the kid. When he was little, I did limit the amount in front of him but made sure there was a small variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
It just depends on what we're eating. DD would eat a pound of cheese if I let her, so obviously we limit that But if it's one of her healthy favorites, I let her eat as much as she wants and give her more if she wants it.
lol. this. except I limit it to a lb of anything even broccoli- because he'd eat the whole family's portions- and I want mine. DD would be pretty heated, too
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote