View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
eLiz21730
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: baby in 5th percentile at 2months

My son has been in the 5th percentile his entire life and he turned 2 in September. Like your child, he started sleeping through the night at 2 months (12 hours sleeping through the night). He pretty much refused to drink out of a bottle when I was not around, never drinking more than an half an ounce to an ounce...maybe 2 ounces if he was really hungry, even as an older baby (8-9 months). He became more agitated if someone tried to continue to push the bottle on him than if they just let him alone about it...he really hated bottles.

I worried a TON at first, but my doctor was not concerned. He said that my son was happy and all of his vitals, etc. were healthy and where they needed to be, that these were big indicators of whether or not we needed to be concerned about his weight. Additionally, I'm tall and thin and do not gain weight easily and my husband is short and petite for a man...both of which contribute to our son's body type. The doctor suggested I could supplement and gave me formula...I was offended some at the time, but in hindsight I realized he was trying to let me know that if I was really worried, I had an option and it was up to me to decide.

It is perfectly reasonable for you to be concerned and worried...no one can tell you to stop feeling that way and it's perfectly natural. Try to really observe your baby and ask yourself, "Is she happy? Is she satisfied?" If you can answer "yes" to those questions and your child is responding to you and working on milestones, I would try to take comfort in that and focus on those points. If your child was really hungry or undernourished, she wouldn't be happy and she wouldn't seem satisfied and she wouldn't have the energy to work on her milestones.

Hope you feel better, mama!

Check out my store, the sewn PEA, on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thesewnPEA

Come Swag w/me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/eLiz21730
eLiz21730 is offline   Reply With Quote