View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: baby in 5th percentile at 2months

Like tohers said there could be lots of factors. Are you and your DH on the smaller side? For there to be percentages someone has to be at the bottom and someone has to be at the top. I know it is hard not to worry. If she id growing at a constant rate then I would try to relax and feed on demand. Maybe wake for a feed in the middle of the night. When you say "sleeping through the night" how long is she going. My 2 month old will go from 9:30 or 10:30 till 4:30 right now most nights. She totally makes up for the no night feeding during the morning and eats every 2 hours. She is still getting the same number of feedings so I don't worry about it.

DH and I make big babies/kids. Most of our family memebers are bigger boned and tall. I will never ever be anthing smaller than a size 10 without some serious health issues. My boys and DD seems to be following the same pattern are in the 75% to 90% for height/weight (though weight is usually lower)

My really good friend is tiny (like a size 2) her DH is small built also as is both their familys. Their kids are all on the smaller/bottom of the scale. We both have 5 year olds and my 5 year old is a good 10lb heavier and a head taller. Both are compeltely healthy and eat great. Both were breastfed.