View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What can cause supply to drop?

DD is 2 months. BFing has been going strong, we've never had to supplement. Suddenly in the past week DD has been acting ravenous. I assumed she was just going through a growth spurt. Yesterday I pumped because DD was sleeping through a feeding. I barely got 2oz after 20 minutes of pumping and it had been 3 hours since she last ate. Normally when I pump I get at least 4-6oz every 2-3 hours. I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but DD is still starving after each feed and I'm still only pumping 2 oz every 2-3 hours when DD doesn't nurse.

Any idea what can cause a dip in milk supply? Could it be something I've been eating? I haven't gotten a period yet. I can't use fenugreek/mother's milk tea because it bothers DD's reflux. DD is starting to teeth, could that be a cause? BFing was awful with DS due to a rough delivery, a nicu stay and a bad latch, which led to supplementing which killed my ability to produce enough milk. I really want this to work this time. Any thoughts would be really appreciated!