View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
need a chill pill need a chill pill need a chill pill need a chill pill need a chill

UPS just delivered 2 ginormous boxes to my front porch. From Crate and Barrel no less.

Background info: my mom visited in me in September and SAW first hand how small my new kitchen is and I've been telling her ALL FALL about how I'm in declutter mode and such. She also knows I have a super-nice, space saving set of stainless mixing bowls.

So what is in box #1? A set of FIVE chunky, space hogging mixing bowls in OFF WHITE and red stripes... which class nicely with my snow white, red, and stainless kitchen stuff.

Box #2 is from my Gma who went shopping with her. It contains 6 hideous mugs. 2 large and 4 child-size. The design of them is great and they are nice mugs, but they are red and brown gingerbread man design which is truly hideous. And anyways, a set of seasonal mugs when all my dishes have to fit in one small cabinet???? Super sad, too, because I need mugs and would have loved some nice ones that were simply not ugly.

So. Now what to do? My mom will LOOK next time she's here. She will be really hurt if they are not here. There's no CB to exchange anything at here, but I do go to KC sometimes and could hold onto them to exchange there. Maybe I am nuts, but I was actually sitting here crying trying to figure out what to do without offending them mortally. It's just that they KNOW my kitchen is tiny and that I have been DECLUTTERING it like mad for 3 months.

WWYD?
a waldorf-style food and Charlotte Mason-style nature study blog
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote