Re: Might Have to Use Formula Soon =\
I agree with the PPs. Will baby nurse at all? Stimulation from baby, even just a little, will help your supply. A few more suggestions:
1. Power Pump. You can either do this by pumping 10min on/10min off for an hour or try to mimic acluster feed more closely by pumping 15-30minutes every hour for a few hours.
2. Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, Goats Rue all help with supply
4. Pump more often. If you're going every 3-4 hours try every 2-3 hours for awhile. If you'r eskipping the middle of the night session, add it back. Aim for 8-12 sessions a day.
5. Make sure you're emptying the breasts at each session.
6. Check all the parts on your pump. Have the membranes been replaced recently? Is everything pieced together properly? Are you using correctly sized flanges?
7. has your period started? That can decrease supply
Instead of supplementing with formula, if truly necessary, you can use donor milk. But formula is not evil!
Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!