Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Step Kids

We have a similar family, DF has a daughter from a previous marriage that is with us most of the time, and then my DS is here all the time, and a LO on the way. DSD has a much different life at her Moms, but when she is here she knows the rules. Although her first day or two back home here are always the hardest.
I think one of the most important things is that DF and I are on the same page, and we discipline equally. Whichever parent is there when things happen takes care of it, so they know that their step parent isn't just being mean to them if that makes sense, they know we follow the same rules. How old are your step sons? I do think it will be easier for them to understand the rules are different as they get older. We also try to spend time with each of our kids, I think its important DF has time alone with DSD, and with DS, and the same with me.