View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have gallstones during pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calideedle View Post
I had my Gallbladder removed at 7months prego. My entire pregnancy I was in tears and pain ... it was awful. They FINALLY figured out it was my Gallbladder and removed it!

My DRs said a diet of bread, tuna, oatmeal & plain chicken will help with the pain (it was too late for me)
Exactly my same story..I was 28 weeks when my last attack would not stop plus it was giving me lots of contractions too...turned out that my GB became inflamed and it was at this point FULL of stones and sludge...so they decided the safest bet was to remove it. I was just lucky enough though to have had laproscopic surgery and not open surgery.

I have been looking for some info on the after effects of gb removal and I found this site...you might benefit from it...it has LOTS of great information and some great remedies for attacks. Wish I had found this sooner!!! But you have to stay away from food that are hard to digest, you need things that are light and quick to digest. And stay away from saturated, trans and hydrogenated fats.

www.gallbladderattack.com

Good luck momma, I hope you find relief!