View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to respond, my older children noticed others staring at their little brother

i don't know about this specific situation, but i have had juvenille diabetes since i was super little and we had camps and support groups available so that we didn't feel so insecure and self-conscious

maybe there is a support group or camp for kids with your son's disorder and/or for the siblings of kids with his disorder? i can say from experience that knowing people who are dealing with the same thing does wonders in making kids feel less isolated and angry. it helps them to tell stories so they can laugh at things and realize that everyone has problems they have to deal with, and lots of people even have the same problem as they do. it is also a great way to make friends with families who deal with the same problems and share stories and advice.

if you can't find anything, as a doctor or go online, those are good resources for finding groups
starbeam is offline   Reply With Quote