Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
jnrsmom82
Registered Users

Intro

Hello, my name is Atoka and I am a 30 yr old mother of two. My first son is 2 and perfect as can be. Just had my 2nd son back in September...I was a VBAC attempt...and my uterus ruptured. Poor baby went without oxygen for nearly 5 minutes. We are both very fortunate to be alive! He had to stay in the NICU for 6 weeks...which was soooo hard! He was a very healthy 9 lbs 1 oz at birth....full term, so fortunately, we didn't have that battle to deal with. All his organs are functioning normally and the MRI only showed a few areas that may be affected by the lack of oxygen, but we won't know for sure until he gets older. So hard to have a big unknown for his future. He does have a G-tube for feedings, but has gotten the ok to start oral feedings. This has also been super hard for me, as I proudly breastfed my 1st son for 18 months. I am still using a breast pump though, so he is still only getting breastmilk. The hardest part about all of this is going through it with nobody to really talk to about it. All of my friends have 'normal' kids with no medical issues.
jnrsmom82 is offline   Reply With Quote