View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
3lilbubs
Banned - User Requested
seller

Re: ~~December~~ Chicken Moma Chat Thread. :) Come chat!

Congrats Bekki!!

Fodie I know that this probably doesn't help but we don't have mice and have not had them in years because we have four outdoor fixed cats. They only way I ever see them anymore is dead, on my doormat. Not even a trace of them. When I noticed Sarah (one of our cats) nosing around dh's shop out in the garage I told dh she smelled something. He didn't believe me for a few days but he decided to open the door one morning. That day she brought a dead mouse up to the porch in the afternoon and another the following morning. Leave dry food out for the cats, don't ever give them wet food and they'll hunt.

Sarah you need to get rid of those girls. They're a problem in your older flock and spreading bad genetics through the new ones. If you think it's bad now, the EE's are really shy and mellow. They'll get torn to pieces when you bring them into the flock. They'll just sit there and allow them to pick them to pieces. Sorry about your broodies. Could you post an ad on craigslist looking for a free rabbit hutch?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote