View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
anrmom21
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Overwhelmed by doctor bills wwyd?

My son has been having seizures since June of 2011. My husbands insurance plan at his work had just changed and we weren't aware of all of the changes until after the bill from the emergency room. We had to pay a 350.00 deductible plus 175 for each test run that night. Then we had to have an MRI with sedation done and that was another 175.00. The final costs last year out of pocket was close to 5,000.00 due to ENT surgery and further seizure testing. This year has been about the same way. We keep having to have his EEGS redone ever so often to see if he is still having seizure activity. We had to make another trip to the ER by ambulance due to him having a seizure, stopped breathing and turned blue. Last time I checked we did not qualify for our states ALLKids program unless we voluntarily drop his insurance for 3 months and we can not take that risk. We are a one income family because I don't feel comfortable with him going to daycare with seizures. Are there any other options for insurance or any type of assistance for families that have children with seizures? Thanks in advance.
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote