Thread: Reflux Help...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Mikaelas_Mommy
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy Reflux Help...

So, my little guy, Liam was due in Aug. but, born on Labor day 9/3. So that's why I'm posting here. Can't believe he is 3 months old today!

Anywho, sadly he suffers from reflux. After working with the pediatrician and trying the natural route, he reluctantly made the decision to put Liam on Zantac. But, it's makes him gag every time and he often spits it up. And since I don;t know how much he got in his system, I don't re-dose.

I took dairy, gluten and chocolate out of my diet when he was 3-4 weeks old. (the dairy & gluten was because of an allergy).

He was sleeping in the newborn sleeper attached to his pack n' play but, it was not as inclined as I thought and he ended up sleeping belly down on my chest almost every night. When I tried to transition him to the crib I propped the mattress up with a boppy underneath but, he rolled and hit his head on the rails. And laying him flat on his back obviously made everything worse.

So, I got the Nap Nanny Chill from someone off Craigslist a couple of days ago. That has seemed to help with night time sleep so far. (only tried it for 2 nights at this point). Praying this is our answer for night time sleep.

But the biggest problem is his constant gas issues! Is this related to reflux??? I have tried mylicon, gripe water, mylicon WITH grip water. He is also on a dairy free probiotic, BioGaia. He has been crying almost ALL day because of gas pains. I thought his digestive system was supposed to mature around 3 months and it seems to be getting worse. He dose not nap on most days...or if he dose they are VERY short naps. I think he truly is not getting enough sleep which is making everything even worse!

HELP!!!

Has anyone else gone through this? I feel like I'm reaching my witts end and the little guy is so miserable.

I also have a 5 yr. old I have to take care of and it's becoming more and more difficult to find any sort of a balance, especially when he does not nap. She misses her Mommy & I miss her! Not to mention, how am I supposed to get anything done? As it is, all I can do is put around on the computer while he sleeps on my chest at the moment. But he keeps waking up and crying in pain.
Mikaelas_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote