3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
I had Hodgkins... I was so very lucky to have found it early... I was stage one. The only place I had affected nodes was in my neck. I did 4 chemo treatments and 21 days of radiation. My oncologist told me she really didn't feel I'd have much trouble conceiving because the chemo drugs they use for Hodgkins Lymphoma are not extremely damaging to fertility/eggs. She was right, apparently, because I got pregnant twice now since then (one miscarriage) so I guess I'm still very fertile. I feel very, very lucky!
You are lucky! I have no chance of a biological baby after this one. I went into menopause with my 3rd chemo and now I have 2 balls of tissue formerly known as my ovaries in me. I was only stage 2 when dx but it didn't really matter with what I was treated with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
I don't see my OB again until the 17th. All this started a few days after my last appt which was mid-Nov. I'm assuming he'll just say this is normal pregnancy related stuff, though I've never had it before with any of my other pregnancies. Maybe I was just lucky with those? Can't remember if I start the every 2 week appts at 30 or 32 weeks. Anywho, at my next appt I'll be 28.5w.
I thought that you start having them at 28 weeks every 2 weeks. I know I went in to the OB at 28 weeks because I had to go through the rotation of different doctors and I saw the OB who freaked out more then me then! I went in there and said DS was having a "quiet day" and she made me do an non-stress test! Seriously I wasn't worried and I am the lost mom! Thankfully she didn't end up delivering DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
I've been MIA for awhile ladies sorry. DS does weird things to my pc and my phone apparently. However I had decided to be team green and was just not really dealing with it well. We've got so much going on with DH's job ending and I'm just stressed. I felt like maybe knowing would help me bond as I'd just been completely ignoring my pregnancy. I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.
Congratulations on having a boy! I am sorry though that you are having so much going on in your life right now. I hope things calm down for you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Trace sorry you are in so much pain :-( Hope you somehow feel better-maybe the little Miss will move to a more comfortable spot?

Heather that's how it was with my DS too. Even if we had wanted to be team green we couldn't have because it was so completely obvious. LOL Even my OB chuckled because every time she placed the wand on my belly there would be his goods :P And if my OB was right I have another show off boy this time. She wouldn't confirm for sure because I was only 13w but baby had something between the legs. Anyway-YAY for a boy after 2 girls. Having both genders is really nice and I am constantly amazed how much is determined by that one chromosome.
Wow! I am impressed that you already know what you are having! I hope I can find out that early! Congratulations on having a boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
Time to vent. I've been laying on my side since Thursday with horrible hip pain and sciatica. I've been to the MW doctor Chiro called my PT and I'm scheduled for a massage on Wednesday. I'm only 13 weeks along but I have SI joint dysfunction. Will this be a problem the rest of my pregnancy? Will this always be a problem for pregnancies after this? Will I be able to go back to work, care for myself or my family again? I'm 28 years old and feel like I'm 99. :/ I've cried out of pain and frustration SO much. We want a big family and I know there are many other ways to have kids than Conceive and carry them but I'm not sure I'm ready to stop. Any insight? Words of encouragement or anything? I'm frustrated and tired and I can't keep taking the pain meds they have me on because I'm concerned for baby boo.
I am sorry your going through this! I hope you are able to feel better soon. Sorry I can't be of more help.

AFM - Anyone else not thrilled to hear about the new royal addition? I am already terrified of loosing this child, now either way I will be reminded of this child for the rest of my life. Which will really stink if I do end up loosing this child.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 12-03-2012 at 03:27 PM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote