Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I'm so sorry to be the party pooper, but I'm desperate for some reassurance.
I hope you feel like absolute crap tomorrow - sounds so strange to say that, lol - and get some reassurance that things are okay in there with your bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
AFM-still waiting for the hyperemesis to get better. *sigh* Another bad day with needing an IV yesterday. Oh well-it's worth it!!! Did I tell you guys that I got the leave? So at least we're good financially and it takes some worries off my shoulders because my boss will be able to hire a maternity replacement Still a weird feeling that I'll be a SAHM until baby turns 2. But not a bad thing for sure!
Stupid HG. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with it. I can't imagine being sick like that.
for the leave working out for you! That's gotta be a bit of a relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I do have to say though, when DS was about 3-4 months old we showed DS a photo of DD and he acted like he instantly recognized her. It was very moving. So if this is your first pregnancy after a loss like that, you might be in for a surprise when you show the new baby your lost baby.
I've heard of that happening with other babies after a loss, too. I'm kinda excited to see if it happens with Hiccup.
Actually, I think Hiccup looks like Elli on the u/s (and no, my babies haven't all looked the same on u/s!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Every night before I go to bed, I sit in the chair in my kids room. I watch them sleep and say my prayers. Last night as I was sitting there, I felt baby wiggling around in my belly for about 10 minutes. Pure bliss. I'll be 15 weeks on Wed and I don't remember wiggles happening this early with other pregnancies, maybe I'm just more in tune with my body this time. I don't know, but it was really wonderful to feel baby moving around in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
I wasn't sure but I think since we had our u/s later than normal (23 weeks) there was just no hiding the fact that we were having a BOY lol. She put the probe down and bam there it was. It certainly helps make things more real and calling him by his name and talking to him is just what I needed to get out of this funk. DH has a permagrin too lol. We're going to tell our families at Christmas.
Congrats on your not-so-shy baby boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
December? I'm so not ready. Can we go backwards and make this the October thread, instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
Andrea, I panicked when I read December too! We're so close to finally holding our Rainbow babies!
Getting down to the "wire" now, eh?! I'm so excited for you mamas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
Time to vent. I've been laying on my side since Thursday with horrible hip pain and sciatica. I've been to the MW doctor Chiro called my PT and I'm scheduled for a massage on Wednesday. I'm only 13 weeks along but I have SI joint dysfunction. Will this be a problem the rest of my pregnancy? Will this always be a problem for pregnancies after this? Will I be able to go back to work, care for myself or my family again?
Unfortunately, yes it will likely be a problem for the remainder of this pregnancy, and likely with any future pregnancies. It may or may not go away after birth, there's no way to tell until you're there, kwim?
I have weirdness in my left hip/pelvis, much worse in pregnancies, that gives me horrid pain, and sometimes my hip will either completely give out (which is just annoying!) or kinda "freeze up" and get stuck in a position. It's bothered me with all my pregnancies, and doesn't go away when I'm not pregnant, though it's not as bad without the extra weight in my pelvis and hormones relaxing joints.

I did have one pregnancy nearly pain/problem free - with DS2. We were going to a chiropractor at that point in time and would see him every couple weeks. By the end of the pregnancy I was going in 2-3 times each week for an adjustment - but it was totally worth it!
I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but it definitely made a difference for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I thought that you start having them at 28 weeks every 2 weeks.

AFM - Anyone else not thrilled to hear about the new royal addition? I am already terrified of loosing this child, now either way I will be reminded of this child for the rest of my life. Which will really stink if I do end up loosing this child.
With a normal pregnancy you have appts every 4 weeks until 26 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, then weekly until baby is born.
Now that I've typed that out - crap. I'm getting close to every 2 weeks!

I don't pay that much attention to the royals, so it wouldn't feel like a reminder baby for me. I'm kinda glad for them that they're actually pregnant now and the tabloids can stop trying to magically "make" her pregnant every other month!

AFM: I was in to see my Dr last Thursday and he got a letter of referral sent to my OB that day. Today I got an appt card in the mail from the OB - for the 10th!
That's likely normal for most people/OBs, but with Levi's pregnancy I got referred to him at 24 weeks and then they "couldn't fit me in" until I was 35 weeks along! So this is like... whoa.
IHA - XS & Small pockets, NB & Small AIOs/AI2s
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote