View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
MommyRamer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Partially weaned but not sure which to continue

DD just turned 8 mo on the 1st. She's just at 20lbs and as strong as an ox!!! In the last few weeks, she has grown more and more difficult to handle while nursing. Pinching, arching, turning, kicking, scratching.... I make all sorts of things so I've trying to distract her with whatever I can come up with. Necklaces, pictures, even my phone... nothing worked so I decided that for my sanity I needed to supplement at least one feeding with formula. I tried pumping but I suppose she's such an efficient nurser (she drains both sides in about 10-15 min max) that the pump just wasn't cutting it. I got 2 oz total in 45 min... no thanks!

Aaaaanywho.... I was able to keep it at just 1 supplemented feeding for almost 3 weeks until I added another supplemented feeding. The pain in my back, neck , shoulders and arms is nearly unbearable. She only nurses 3x a day with 2 additional feedings of formula and sleeps from 10p-7a. I guess my question is, should I feel guilty about weaning her completely? Formula is a huge expense but I save more that that by using cd instead of 'sposies. My older daughter who is now 7 only bf until 5 mo but I didn't know as much then as I do now. I'm getting really tired of battling with the decision and I need advice.

I apologize if I've only confused you. I need to re-train my brain to finish a thought. (My older child as well as dh have serious cases of ADH-oh-shiny)

BTW, I also have a worsening case of tmj because of this as well.

Last edited by MommyRamer; 12-03-2012 at 08:43 PM.
MommyRamer is offline   Reply With Quote