c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: did I use too much lanolin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeth View Post
I'm with you.
I lanolized for the first time, 3 covers with ONE tsp (according to the Sheepish Grins jar I got from Sbish).
It seemed like way too much and never fully absorbed into the hot water. My veteran wool cloth diapering friend said she only uses a pea size amount. However now that I'm thinking of it, she did say her wool tends to leak, so maybe more lanolin is better!

My covers were extremely sticky (like slick after touching) but after a few days have calmed down quite nicely and are not leaking at all at night even with no doubler underneath, just a GMD prefold on my 19 mo boy. However, the wool is getting stinky like ammonia. So I don't know if this means I need more absorbency in the diaper. But at least the wool isn't leaking!
oops didn't keep reading... one tsp is still kind of a lot. I microwave mine in a mug of water (I like a lot, so maybe 3 peas for a bunch of woolies... and I use eucalan, too) then add it to my tepid water, swish and let cool a bit.

You got it! You need more cotton in there! or whatever you want to add. Turn it inside out when you dry and try to go an extra night to dry (if you have a second). Otherwise I'd give it a quick touch up in just eucalan if you still smell and don't want it stickier-- especially if it smells when dry!
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote