View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #32
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ~~December~~ Chicken Moma Chat Thread. :) Come chat!

Whooo Jena, they are beautiful!! I LOVE the silkies!!!

How is your marans with egg production? I hear different things from different people. Some say 5-7 eggs a week, others say only 3. I have six FBCM chicks (five girls and a roo) and am curious about what to expect!

Brought the babies outside again yesterday and they loved it! I transport them in a cat carrier and just plop it down inside the run and open it up so they can get out. When they all pile back into the cat carrier, I figure it's time to bring them back in (this way I don't have to chase them - ha!).

It's supposed to get colder starting today or tomorrow - won't go above 40 or so. I will probably still put them out during the day, but I will watch them closely just in case they are too cold.

I bought some straw yesterday for bedding in the coop (don't tell DH about the huge mess in the trunk of my car!). On Friday, they will run electric out there (so I really need to get moving on picking out a heat source!)

Sarah, I'm going to take your advice and look for 150w. I think I'm just going to look for tile or panel. Something that doesn't have a fire hazard.