Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Also---I've had so many losses at this point that there are a jillion babies that I know born on or around those pregnancies---so many friends' babies who were due near when I was or born when I miscarried, etc. I'm getting pretty good at not paying attention to that sort of thing at this point.

And YAY for being seen adn quickly! Is it just a regular OB checkup or will they do more?

AFM:
My next appointment is my surgery, so I'm really nervous. Can we skip to Dec 20th? The anticipation of being sewn up so this baby will have a harder time sneaking out and the fear of somethign going wrong in surgery are making me CRAZY.
I kwym. I had trouble with the first miscarriage, when I saw a pregnant belly or baby born when that bean would have been, but then there were 4 more, and that's a lot to kinda keep track of, kwim? I do still have troubles with seeing babies born in June, when Elli was due. It's getting better, but not all better yet.

I have no idea what they're planning for this appt - although, I won't consent to much anyways. A regular check (weight, bp, fundal height, and hb), and then my platelets being checked is all I'll agree to. There will definitely be no physical exams, and if they're wanting more u/s (though I can't see why they would) I won't go to the u/s dept at the hospital there - I'd go back to the small hospital we were at, though.
I think it's just a normal appt - my last prenatal (lol, my first prenatal) was at 19 weeks, and this one will be 22 weeks, so that's about right timing-wise.
The cruddy thing is that I was kinda hoping for the OB office to hold off until way later again - it's so much easier to get in to see my fam Dr cuz he's open on Saturdays for a few hours! With the OB, I have to get there during the week, and there's always a wait time.

for you to have less worries about this appt - though I completely understand those worries and think it's totally reasonable! But it is the best choice for you and baby, no doubts about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
How true do you all find the "nub theory" to be with determining gender from a 12 week ultrasound
I can't figure out the whole thing - I've seen u/s pics and read all about it, and I just don't see it.

AFM: Going to see Fred Penner today at DH's colony (where he's teaching this year)!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote