View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: speech therapy and my 3 yo

Thank goodness they are offering 4x a week! We just this morning had our meeting with the school district to release our nearly 4 year old from speech therapy. We started meeting with the therapist in February of this year and at that time, DD could not be tested in all of the areas they look at because she spoke so little. She had a large number of words in her vocabulary that she invented herself. She used them consistently, so we understood them, but she was very difficult to understand and it frustrated her a lot.

As of this morning, she has surpassed what is normal for her age and has tackled and conquered a few sounds that they don't expect 5 year olds to even have. We met with our therapist 3x a week for the first 4 months, took the summer off, and then this year have met with her 2x a week. Each session was about 30 minutes.

Overall it was a GREAT experience. DD has gained so much both in her speech and in confidence. Be very very happy that they are offering you 4x a week. It may take a few weeks for your DS to settle in and warm up to them, but it will be a great thing for him.

Last edited by blossomgoat; 12-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.
blossomgoat is offline   Reply With Quote