2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are you using for curriculums?

6th, 4th and pre-k here.

6th:
Math: Saxon 7/6
Spelling: Free Homeschool Spelling (plug words into Spelling City for additional activities)
Grammar: Scott Foresman Grade 6
Geography: Geography in 5 minutes a day (Scholastic) with country studies on the side
Science: Apologia Astronomy
History: Story of the World, Vol. 1
Religion: Faith and Life Grade 6 (haven't started yet-just ordered)
Writing: various assignments as part of history, science and/or grammar
PE: Competition team volleyball (4-8 hours/week)
Art: Not enough-Draw Through History and other sketches as they pertain to history or science
Music: Not enough-church choir (3 hours/week), but no composer/period study or anything like that
Misc. 4-H (Child Development, Arts & Craft and Home Enviroment for projects)

4th
Math: Saxon 5/4
Spelling: Free Homeschool Spelling (plug words into Spelling City for additional activities)
Grammar: Scott Foresman Grade 4
Geography: Geography in 5 minutes a day (Scholastic) with country studies on the side
Science: Apologia Astronomy
History: Story of the World, Vol. 1
Religion: Faith and Life Grade 4 (haven't started yet-just ordered)
Writing: various assignments as part of history, science and/or grammar
PE: depending on season--spring and fall soccer, winter basketball, spring and summer volleyball (usually 2 hours/week)
Art: Not enough-Draw Through History and other sketches as they pertain to history or science
Music: Not enough-church choir (3 hours/week), but no composer/period study or anything like that
Misc. 4-H (Horseback Riding, Archery, and Woodworking), Robotics/First Lego League (could count as science, but I'm putting it as an extra)

pre-k
DS attends "pre-k" 5 mornings a week at DH's request. Otherwise...
Math-misc. lessons as he shows interest, right now he's counting to 100, I'm thinking of introducing skip counting once he can identify numbers up to 100 on sight. No particular curriculum though.
Reading-The Reading Lesson
Religion-Faith and Life Grade 1--there is no Kindergarten version that I can find, so we'll probably go slow focusing on prayers b/c that is what he seems most interested in.
DS sometimes listens in on science, history, and geography. He's picked up quite a bit from just being in the room doing other things.
Get craft kits from Kristin's Crafts for Kids and on FB
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote