Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post

I'm not counting calories (focus on carbs) but I'm thinking ill start writing everything I eat down. I'm still nursing and even though I know only need like 300 extra calories I always feel like I'm starving it doesn't matter what I eat- protein, whole grains, veggies, etc I'm ALWAYS hungry.
I was feeling like this too, my DD is 7 weeks old and nursing too. The best tips I have for you are...

1) Eat before you get hungry! This is the only way I can really control what I'm eating. I have to keep an eye on the clock like I do with baby, and after about 3 hours (even when I'm not hungry), I chose what I'm going to eat and then go eat it - and write it down. That way I am in control instead of being half crazy because I'm hungry. Also, that way when baby inevitably wakes up when I'm ready to eat, I'm not starving!

2) Make sure your plate is 1/2 veggies every time! You might want to make sure and eat the veggies first, so that way you can stop eating the higher calorie stuff when you're not hungry instead of not eating the veggies.

3) If you're hungry, eat - but make sure it's fruits and veggies with a little protein, don't go grabbing for carbs! (I am usually very guilty of this, but since I have made the decision to eat more often and decide what I'm going to eat instead of just grabbing food, I am doing a lot better)

That's basically what I'm focusing on and I can tell you that I feel a lot better and I'm not hungry all the time anymore! Success!!
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote