View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #23
croark's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N LA
Posts: 888
Louisiana. We have two options to choose from. Home study program or private school status. The home study route is more in depth requiring a copy of birth certificate every year, using state approved curric, and yearly standardized testing (I think). With this route, you can still apply for TOPS which is a scholarship program that helps with college tuition.
Private school status requires a yearly letter of intent within 30 days of starting school year. 180 days of school is required. That's it.

I went private school route. I may switch to home study when we hit high school years. Especially if it seems college is a remote possibility and we want tuition help from TOPS (if its still even available then).
Homeschool Mama to 3 Lovely Girls!
Math U See, Bringing the Classics to Life, 5 Finger Paragraph, CLP Spelling, Daily Skill Builders Grammar, Inquisikids Science, Mystery of History, Explode the Code, Horizons Phonics
croark is offline   Reply With Quote