View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Keep the clothes or give for consignment?

My daughter is 1 and already has 3 bins of outgrown clothes. She was a Nov baby and I'm now pregnant with a June baby so I can't really use most of the clothing. In a year and 1/2 I'll have 3 more bins of clothes for this baby plus new outgrown clothes for my daughter. I sorted through a bunch of the newborn and 0-3 clothes and put a small pile aside for consignment. I kept most of the gender neutral stuff and a few sentimental pieces. Once I find out the sex of this baby, (and if it's a boy like I think) I'll get rid of some of the other sized clothes. But my mom is trying to get me to keep the clothes because I can lend them to other family members. She said she'd store it for me (but I don't think she realizes how much it is). Also, I'm annoyed, I don't want to have to cloth everyone else's kid. They can buy their own clothes, why should I give them mine? If I were to keep it I'd keep it for my children. I know I won't get a ton of money at consignment, but I'll get a little or store credit. Should I hang on to the clothes? Am I mean that I feel annoyed that I'm expected to pass on my clothes just because I had the first baby?