View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:
Is more time off ok?

It's been a few weeks since I've been here, so please forgive me if someone recently asked this.

This is my first year hs my daughter who is in first grade. I also have twin almost 2 year olds at home with us. And my son is in public school.

I am totally struggling right now. I feel like we need a break but we just took a Thanksgiving break. The whole family is getting over illnesses and everyone is just tired. t.i.r.e.d. (She is 6 and is working on a 3 hour nap today.)

Would it be really bad for my daughter, academically, if we took more time off? Sometimes I think a week would be long enough, sometimes it feels like we should skip until Christmas.

I know we could do school work on Saturdays to make up the time. And we could abbreviate some of our scheduled time off, too.

But, would she lose too much of what she has learned up until now?

It isn't really her schooling that is the problem. It's everything else. I guess the schooling seems the most flexible and everything else is time sensitive and trying to be priority #1.

I don't know what to do???!!! We did school this week but sometimes I wonder why. We barely got anything done.

Thanks for the input.
jesajane is offline   Reply With Quote