View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Osocozy staydry prefolds not absorbing

If they are new did you wash them the correct number of times? I have read that with prefolds you would wash them with full strength detergent (doesn't need to be diaper friendly) 5+ times. Then rinse them good before using them as diapers.

Are they bleached or unbleached? Did they fluff up good after prepped? When you prepped did you dry between washes? If you dump a small amount of water on them to they absorb it? Do your covers have good elastic?

http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/produ...indianprefolds
Because unbleached cotton retains its natural oil, it's important to remove this waxy outer fiber layer before
using them for the first time. We recommend washing them with hot sudsy water and drying them in the dryer at least three times before their first use. (That's wash - dry - wash - dry - wash - dry). To test if they're ready to use, make a pocket in the diaper and pour half a cup of water into it. If the water is not readily absorbed, then they should be washed and dried more.

We recommend washing your prefolds by themselves
during this break-in period. This will reduce pilling and
prevent the oils from the unbleached prefolds from coating other diapers, causing them to repel water, rather than absorb it.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here and here.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote