View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:
My Autistic child will not stay in his carseat...

OK so I know I am not on much but I am trying, we don't have internet now and I have to go to the library. We just got a diagnosis for our son and now he's a SN child. He's Autistic, we are really trying to get a handle on it and come to grips with the diagnosis. I mean we figured that was what was going on but at the same time it's quite a shock when it is told to you. I am going to try to get on here more often cause I could use some support but I do need some help right now

Does anyone know of a car seat for special needs children that will not stay in their seats? Ezra will NOT stay in his seat at all, he pushes the chest clip all the way down to the buckle and then gets his arms out and that is how he sits in his seat till I have to pull over and put him back in only to have him out again before I am even back in the car. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do.

The school suggested putting duct tape on the chest clip to keep it in place but I know that is not safe so I don't want to do that. I guess I am looking for a chest clip that is interchangeable that will lock in place so it can't be slid down or a new car seat. He's starting to outgrow his seat any-ways so we are going to have to be buying a new seat soon. I am open to anything really as long as he's safe in the car. I would still like for him to be rear facing if at all possible but he's reaching the end of that cause his height. He's 36lbs and 37inches tall. Thank you all so much if you can help!!!
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote