View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are there any boy pants whose knees DON'T get holes?

We have the same problem. I have 5 boys. I can reuse most of the clothes that are 2T and below. Anything above is hit or miss, especially pants. I don't think any of my older sons pants from the last 3 years have lasted to be passed down. He even has holes in some of his PJ pants. He is 7. It's such a bummer. One benefit of kids the same gender should be passing the clothes down. But they ruin them.

Plus, I end up having to buy them double the pants they need for one season because they go through them faster than the season and faster than they grow. Ugh!

My DD has never gotten a hole in her pants. But, she has no sister to pass them down to either. It figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
Someone once told me to buy the iron on patches and put them inside the knees of little boys' pants BEFORE they wear them as a preventative.
We tried this. I haven't found iron on patches that stay on after several washings. I did this last winter to many pairs of pants, at least 6. ALL the patches were peeling off the inside within 3-5 washes. I was so sad.