View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: Allergies/Elecare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Lsmomma View Post
I've been doing a lot of googling, which could be good or bad, but I've come across a LOT of parents stating that these issues arose following their babies being vaccinated at their 2mo appts. The rotateq (most specifically) and dtap. DD had her 2mo vaccines on a Tuesday and the mucus/frequent bowl movements started on Saturday. I had mentioned this to the ped but they said that wouldn't cause this. I'm starting to believe otherwise. Anyone else notice this correlation?
My ds's story is very similar to the other poster's stories. And YES, my ds's issues went from mild to WILD about 7 days after he received his 2 mo vaccines...the only ones we ever did. And he only received a DTaP that day. My ds has a severe intolerance (doesn't come up on an allergy test) to dairy and the DTaP my son received was created using dairy. I absolutely believe that shot caused his situation to worsen 10-fold.

He lived almost exclusively on first Elecare (which we began about 2 weeks after that shot) and then Neocate once he was 1 yo and those formulas alone until he was about 2yo. He tolerated no solid foods at all until shortly before 2yo.