View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #12
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you kbow that you are done?

SO ladies who felt done after having your last baby... did that feeling come when your youngest was a toddler or was it more so when you were pregnant with them or they were babies????????????,

OP, my mom said you'll just feel done. I'm still waivering too (we have 4 as well). I am super content with 4, the oldest is 5 and the youngest is 1 and life is calming down a bit. It's sooo nice. We've never prevented getting pregnant, but are now and deciding whether to have another baby seems like a HUGE decision, but with the other 4 kids it was like a "no duh" decision... not even a decision, but an "of course" thing. It's so weird that it's not like that again and I wonder if that is like a sign or something. I don't know! Part of me would like to wait until the baby is like 2-1/2 years old to decide because I'm worried all the sudden I'll want another baby and that will overpower my fear of yet another c-section. Like another poster said, my hands and heart feel full with 4 and I think I'd feel fine if for some reason we couldn't get pregnant again; but I just get so worried that if we did something permanent when baby girl turns 2-1/2, I'd have this desparation for a 5th. Maybe I could talk dh into condoms for another year and a few months, but that's pushing it! ANyway, I feel for you!

I'm curious if others have waited that long (a few years after the youngest is born) and then knew they were done. Anyone?
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote