View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #10
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O How many toys do you think is just enough? How many is too few?

Anna, one of my sons is the same way! He wants to keep everything. What I have been doing lately is involving him in the process. Talking to him about how nice it is to have space and for everything to have a proper place, and how there is more time to play of we arent always having to clean things and fix things. He has a hard time still but is learning to let things go. Also just yesterday we settled in a we rule, anything new coming into the house can only come in as something else leaves. Well this boy is so silly! He found a small race car track at goodwill and told me he would trade a broken board game for it I didn't know we were holding on to broken things! I'm going to have to look through stuff more carefully. Apparently this game was unusable but he still wanted to keep it.

Anyway sometimes it helps to involve them in the process he sometimes encourages me to let go of things I think I need too.