View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #90
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So glad he's doing better!! Definitely a difference between not hearing and not listening! I agree, hearing loss is a very small population compared to other 'disabilities', and there are many many different opinions. I happen to have some background in it, as my undergrad work was in Speech and Hearing Science, which branches off into either Speech Language Pathology or Audiology, so I have a more intimate understanding of the how the ear works and amplification than many parents just because I took several classes on the subject. Definitely the most important thing is to wear it!! Even if he can hear some without it, imagine if you could only hear 2 of 3 words someone was saying, hug difference! Even 4 of 5 would make it hard to understand.
Oh definitely! Well maybe you don't mind me pm-ing you if I have questions? I'm always looking for unbias resources Today his ENT said he wants to wait 2 months before we move forward with getting another hearing aid or doing anything for the other ear. Just to be sure everythings healed from his surgery.

Do you mean Shingles? I had that actually right before I was pg with DS! Its not that, thats different it has a sort of weird scab, this is just bumps And the more I research and think about it, ofcourse the worse it gets.

DF said its coming down at the farm place, I'm at work so hopefully the roads aren't bad getting home!
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote