View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Contractions in the evening at 18wks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
Ok I might sound like a total ignoramus here, and sorry to hijack this thread, but you ladies drink wine to calm contractions? I have always understood that you stay totally away from any alcohol until perhaps labor (to help you relax). I know its likely the most dangerous in the first trimester, but I didn't know it was so widely accepted for occasional use at all in pregnancy. This is new to me.
I think there are TONS of women who regularly drink a *LITTLE* bit here and there throughout pregnancy. Most probably don't admit it b/c of the reactions they might get.

Personally, I've drank here and there through my previous 3 pregnancies. I haven't yet this time, though. Just haven't had the hankering. If I want to, I'll have a wine cooler with dinner and watch TV.

W/DS, I had lots of contractions early and often, and my midwife also recommended I chill out and have a drink.

By drinking "here and there" I mean --- w/DD, I had maybe 3 drinks my entire pregnancy, w/DS, probably 4, w/YDD, 3 drinks, and none so far this time. So I mean one drink, with a meal, every once in a while. And never hard liquor. That's what is acceptable to me.

IMO, it's not a big deal. I realize some might feel differently, and that's ok, we each get to make our own choices and own them.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote