View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #60
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom
I got my doppler at the beginning of the week. I'd love to hear about your experiences with it if you have any. How far along were you when you started using it & how far were you the first time you heard baby's hb? Just curious.
I have one. I first found this baby's hb at 8 weeks (maybe sooner? Can't remember TBH) BUT it took forever and a day to find. I tried again the next day so DH could hear and could not find it. So, checking this early causes plenty of anxiety...although I did still feel really good that I did find it at one point at least. It probably took until week 10 before I could guarantee finding anything, and even then it could take 10+ minutes.

You also need to check really low, lower than most mamas think. I would kinda push down above my pubic bone and angle down, it that makes any sense.

I totally understand wanting to look for a hb this early, but be prepared to not find it...even if you have before. If your uterus is facing backwards, or if baby is in a tricky place, it is not unusual to not find it yet. Don't panic! (Ha!). If you DO find a strong hb, according to my doc, there's a 5% chance of miscarriage, which means 95% of babies are going to be fine, which are darn good odds.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote