Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #16
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this a positive OPK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
I promise this will e my last few questions about ovulating...

This was my test the following morning around 10am after getting a positive OPK at 5pm the night before. [IMG][/IMG]

Does this mean I ovulated and my fertility is over for the month or does that mean Wednesday night it was the surge and prob ovulated that night or the following day? Does the LH when the egg is in the Fallopian tube? Then it's 12-24 hours after that? Can you tell I'm confused on the details?!

Oh and this is all of them: 10am,5pm (12/5)10am(12/6)
[IMG][/IMG]
I believe (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that it means you've ovulated during the night and that the next 12-24 hrs is the PRIME fertile window. I think the LH surge happens just before you ovulate. Not sure if that's correct or not. I think I read that somewhere. I'd continue to use protection for the next 1-2 days JUST in case you were to ovulate twice. I read that if (not always by no means) a woman is to ovulate more than once that a lot of time it will happen within 24 hrs after the first ovulation. Not sure if that is true or not, but if you're like me I'd rather be safe than sorry. After that I think it's safe to say you're in the clear for this month. Let me know how the NFP works out for you. I'd REALLY like to try it after we have another LO.

BTW....which basal therm. did you get? I've looked at several and I really can't decide. I've seen good and bad reviews on just about all of them.

Last edited by KatieB621; 12-08-2012 at 01:15 PM.
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote