View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDoris89
Hi, I am new to cloth and on a small small budget and my friend referred me. Awesome site BTW.

First question is, what are flats? Right now I am using receiving blankets until I can afford to buy some and my friends borrowed cover. In the picture of someones flat it kind of looked like a receiving blanket, is it similar to that?

Flats would be pretty much the same as using receiving blankets Most flats are cotton Birdseye, but no reason they couldn't be made out of flannel or any other absorbent material!

Are all the colored linings the same size chart even if its different brand? Like would red edge be medium no matter who puts it out?

I assume you're talking about prefolds, every brand has a different colour for different sizes (some no colour at all). It would be awesome if they were all the same though!

My friend said you need to put a cover on fitteds, why would they have designs on them if you need to put a cover over it?

A quality GOOD fitted won't need a cover, I never use one unless we're going out. They're very absorbent and should just feel a bit damp on the outside when it's time to change

With the covers and prefolds if its just pee can I wipe out the inside of the cover and put it over a new prefold, like if it didn't get poo on it and didn't smell would it be good to use that same cover the whole day?

I have a bunch of covers, so I only use 2 a day since my little doesn't poop every day. As long as it isn't dirty or smelly you can keep using it. I just don't like to lol

When they poo do I need to rinse it out before I put it in bag or just scrap off as much as possible.

I just dump whatever comes off and put it in the bag, no stink issues. The first rinse takes care of everything!

Also not diaper related question but I wanted to put my baby carrier on here for trade for diapers but it said I need to appy to be a seller, how do I do? Sorry not the most computer literate person at times.
There should be a link to follow for instructions, can't remember exactly. Sorry!

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote