Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:
Re: smaller babies in convertibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
Just to double-check - you need to use the "rear facing boot" when using the Radian rearfacing. It is a plastic/metal piece that fits on to the foot end of the car seat in order to make the angle more reclined. I assume that you are using it already, but best to be sure!

The radian can be reclined as far as 45* from vertical when rear facing. If the angle in your car is naturally more upright than that (while using the rear facing boot), you can use the top tether (which is approved for use when rear facing, unusual for convertible seats, but okay with Radians) to pull the seat to a more reclined angle. (Note for readers with Britax convertibles: Britax also allows top tethering when rear facing, however they do NOT allow you to adjust the recline angle using the top tether.)
oh yha! i forgot about the top tethering adjustment when rf in a radian. op if u do decided to do that plz read the carseat manuall 1st since they only allow u to attach it a permanent part of the vehicle & it has to b done a certain way. i forgot exactly what is/isnt allowed & i never had to use it rfing. sorry im no help there.

Last edited by moms5angels; 12-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote