View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textile_Mike View Post
Washing diapers on cold is easy, but it requires a little more specific routine.

1) Presoak cycle is recommended. Hot water helps soften solids, so does time in cold water, so the extra soaking is a good alternative to hot water.

2) Frequency. The longer a diaper stays soiled, the more effort it takes to cleanse. Consider washing at least every other day.

3) Storage. Wetpails make diaper cleaning easier as waste is diluted in the pail AND solids don't harden inside the diaper and it's fibers. You can also add mild sanitizers to you wetpail solution.

4) Use the correct detergent. Choose a brand that is formulated for your water hardness and for cold wash.

4) Dry hot. Heat and drying are important for sanitizing.
Thank you for the response. I have decided to go with just pockets stuffed with prefolds and flats so hopefully that will help.

I don't like the idea of a wetpail but I can rinse all diapers really well before placing them in the wetbag. Presoak shouldn't be a problem and I only plan to have enough diapers to use for a few days so I should be able to wash frequently.

I plan to dry all inserts on hot but worry about ruining the pul of the pockets. Does anyone successfully dry their covers on hot without any problems?

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote