View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to break the news to a friend struggling

I am of no help. Right before this last transfer I found out that 4 of my friends are pregnant. Only one through IVF and she has twins. I honestly just withdrew mostly. I am happy for the IVF lady but the others just make me feel about 60 years old at the time. I mean, one of them is older then I am and got pregnant on her own! Salt here is my wound!! If you remember I wasn't sure this cycle would work, and I actually thought that it would be a miracle if it did. I guess God had bigger plans for me!

I would tell your friend, but be prepared that they may withdrawal for a while. I know I would have eventually come around even if this cycle didn't work. I mean most of my friends are able to have home births and the whole little "perfect" pregnancy, but that is them and I am not them. I have to have a c-section but at the end of the day we will still have the cute little baby to hold, and mine will probably not have a smushed face. I know in the past I have looked at babies that were born as "Well when I have my cute little newborn, that baby will be in their terrible 2's!!" That honestly makes me feel better at the end of the day.