WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:
Re: New to Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannieAnnie View Post
Hi! My family just moved to the Nashville area a couple weeks ago. I have no friends or relatives in the area and I need help finding care providers. I'm a somewhat crunchy mama and I need to find:
family physician
pediatrician
OB-GYN
Homebirth Midwives
Chiropractor

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated! Send here or privately.
Thanks!

JA
Where are you in Nashville? I'm just east of it near Mt Juliet. I used the Vanderbilt Midwives - I think they are in Green Hills - when I had my third daughter. I'd go there again, but we barely made it to Vandy with her - I'm afraid I wouldn't make it with #4, lol. I couldn't find an actual website (thought they did have one) but here's one from UCHS: http://www.uchshealth.org/clinics/ I went to the Franklin Rd Clinic and saw Allison. I'd definitely recommend her!

If you are closer to Lebanon, I've been going to the Women's Health Center at UMC and seeing midwife Heather Potts. Another great place, and I rarely have to wait past my appt time even though the waiting room is usually very busy. Last week, I was 15 minutes early and she took me in 5 minutes after I got there. I've never had a doctor see me early before!

If you are near Mt Juliet, I'd also recommend Dr. Asha Joseph at Centennial Pediatrics in Mt Juliet. She is wonderful - she doesn't talk down to you or take your concerns lightly. She's one of the only pediatricians I've had that will fully explain something, like what that ominous rash really is, or why it couldn't be anything but such and such.

Good luck! We moved here because my husband is a musician, but nearest family is about 500 miles away. It can be tough!

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!
WeeEssentials is offline   Reply With Quote