Thread: Introductions!!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Introductions!!

DH and I have been together since high school and married since 2001, but we waited until I was finished school and had a permanent job before TTC in 2008.

I lost my first pregnancy at exactly 6 weeks on Dec 20, 2008. We had planned to tell our families about the pregnancy at Christmas. Needless to say, we did not have a good Christmas that year, and it is making me feel a little apprehensive about this pregnancy. However, I passed the 6 week mark yesterday and so far so good. I will be 8 weeks along at Christmas this time, so I hope I can be a little more confident if I get that far.

Anyway, I tell myself that if I hadn't lost my first pregnancy, I would not have the son I have today. DS was conceived a few months after my miscarriage and born in January 2010. He will be 3 in less than a month and about 3.5 years when this baby is born. He is great with babies and other kids and I know he will be an excellent big brother. I have known since he was born that I wanted to give him a sibling, but the timing was never right. DS was a rather high needs child and he wore us out to the point that we couldn't fathom another one (nor find time to conceive one!), but he got easier as he got older. When he turned 2, I started talking about another as I didn't want them to be too far apart in age. DH was not convinced that we could handle another until DS was at least 2.5 years old. Even then, he wasn't ready to commit to trying, but for leaving the age gap up to chance. So here we are a few months later, and I think I am very happy with this age gap, but I can see benefits in both larger and smaller age gaps.