View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

How much does my 24 month old understand- Update and new question

We don't spank or do time out. We usually try to quickly explain and then redirect. We're having a few issues lately and I'm not sure how to respond because I'm not sure if he understands.

Example: Today he took baby Jesus out of the manger and was playing with him. That was fine. But then he threw him across the room. The first time I ignored. But then he did it again. I told him we can't throw baby Jesus and if he did it again I would have to take him away. He immediately threw him again so I took baby Jesus away and put him on the counter and said 'momma asked you not to throw baby Jesus. if you want to throw we should play with this ball.'. He fussed for a bit and I decided we could try again. I said 'do you want to play with baby Jesus again?'. He said yes. I asked 'are you going to throw him?'. He said yes! I explained several times that he can't throw him and different reasons why but he kept saying that he would throw him if I gave him back. I thought he must not understand and was saying 'yes' like he was going to be good. But sure enough as soon as I gave him back he threw baby Jesus. Humph! So does he not understand what I'm asking?

Last edited by Bentley'sMomma; 02-01-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote