View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiekitty
Thanks mamas for your encouragements. . We love to play outdoors too but the weather turn cold this time of year . Looking forward to Spring . We will start our Kumon books next year and I bet we will have fun folding, cutting and sticking stickers. I bought some wooden puzzles and she loves it, I can c the improvement in her puzzle solving skill. We have mega blocks too. And yes, we r working on teaching her to drink from a cup, washing her hands, etc.

HELP: I am running out of idea what books should I read to her!!! How do u decided what books to buy or borrow from the library? How u know the book is appropriate for her level?
Talk to your children's librarian if your library has one. I'm sure they can recommend books. Our library has an early literacy section with book suggestion lists through 36 mo old, I think.

We typically pick books we liked at storytime or just pick books randomly. DD loves the "easy reader" books b/c there is more of a story than a board book, but not too many words per page. Richard Scarry's "Cars and Trucks and Things that Go" is great too b/c there are so many things to look at on each page. My DD is into trains/trucks though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote