View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #20
GreenDahlia
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do with my just turn 2 DD?

I don't do a lot of lessons yet, just lots of reading and discovery. We have a website for our city that compiles just about every kid related activity. Every week I would look at the calendar and pick one thing for each day. We didn't always make each activity but the plan was there. Each library has a free program that involves learning, reading, music, dance, etc. There are classes the both or just the child can take (swimming, dance, etc). Play gyms are always fun and a nice break for the days you just need to get out of the house and let the kids run around. Sometimes we went to the mall and walked around or I let the girls play in the play area. As for books, I always just pick random books up and quickly flip through it. At this stage it's good to have lots of rhyming words and repetition of phrases. I avoid books with super long paragraphs on each page. Jim Trelease has some really good advice about read alouds. I have his book but his website is here http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/r...ury-intro.html
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote