canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 9th-15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Well it's a winter wonderland here! This is the view out our front window
Love the pic! Our yard is well covered - I'm hoping for even more snow this year, though I know DH isn't... he's the one who has to deal with shovelling and clearing the driveway, I just get to sit inside and look at the pretty white

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
Today is DD1's 13th b-day. Wow, she has been looking forward to this for a long time!! She's super excited to be a teenager, and I'm am not! I wish she could stay small and innocent forever. I guess that's what every mom says, aye?

Oh, and the kicks have been regular for a while. I look forward to the later evening when the baby gets moving around.
I can't imagine DD being a teenager. This year she turned 10... and double digits was hard enough to face!

Hiccup is really active from about 10pm to 11pm - and then whenever I wake in the night he's moving around too. He's big enough now that often at night I can watch him moving, my belly moving and rolling The other night I was laying on the couch trying to read and he kept thumping my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKmom View Post
I didn't think DD (only 20 months) was really grasping the whole new baby thing but I asked her the other night where K was and she walked over, patted my tummy as she said "baby" and then kissed my belly and rested her head on it...
Aww! Very cute!
Whenever Levi sees Hiccup's u/s pics (they're on the fridge so the kids can see them whenever they want) he says "that's the baby in your belly, mommy!" He doesn't seem overly enthused about my lap quickly disappearing though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
southern Idaho's version of snow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
We are supposed to get a good coating of freezing rain overnight and tomorrow morning here in Ontario. Yuck. I can deal with snow, but I HATE ice, especially when I'm pregnant. I'm nervous about slipping on my way to work. Hopefully the salt trucks are out!
hate freezing rain... and sleet. Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Random question, did any of you get belly lines straight down your belly? I had one with DS and just noticed that its back! I dont know why, but it totally made me excited.
Linea nigra, yup, have gotten it with all my babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I did with DD1 but not DD2. I do, however, have quite an impressive collection of stretch marks in a variety of sizes and colors. Anyone know something that works to fade them for when I'm done making babies?
Sorry, no tricks that I've found. Apparently there are some oils (Vit E?) that can help, but no real trick to completely make them go away. I just call mine my battle scars and call it a day

AFM: Got almost all DH's stuff today with the kids. DS2 wants to get him something for his guitar but the music stores aren't open on Sundays. I have to go for an OB appt tomorrow morning so I'm going to finish that up tomorrow.
I realized that the kids should get something for Grandma and Grandpa. They'll be staying with us for Christmas Eve and Christmas (at least) and the kids will end up being upset if they don't have presents to give them. Not anything huge, but we'll get those sometime this week too.
IHA - XS & Small pockets, NB & Small AIOs/AI2s
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote