View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

Anyone out there pumped for a micropreemie?

Hi mamas! I had a 23 week 1 day baby girl on 11/26. We lost her after 10 hours but I am a huge believer in the benefits of breast milk especially for preemies, so I am pumping to donate my milk to the milk bank that sends milk to the NICU where she was cared for during her short life. I am pumping 5-6 times a day, aiming for 7, but trying to avoid the middle-of-the-night pumping because I know it's important for me to heal physically (c-section with vertical incision) and emotionally.

Anyone out there pumped for micropreemies and if so, how much were you getting per pumping session (or per day) when they were two weeks old? I am getting about 2/3 oz per session which makes about 4oz a day. If I need to do the nighttime session I will...just wondering if this is a typical volume for a baby this early, or on the low side?

Thanks!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote