View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Candy Lee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Curriculum help for DS9!

My boys are very much the same way (as far as learning things easily), and they LOATHE language arts. To be honest, I am not a big fan of LA myself, though I used to love it when I was in school. Maybe we just have not found the perfect fit, or maybe the repetitiveness of it is boring. I'm honestly not sure if we will ever find a LA curriculum that we enjoy. I know that you are looking for advice and I don't have any, but I understand where you are coming from.

As for reading, my oldest loves to read fiction, so I can usually get him to read about anything I want him to read. My middle son just cannot get into a fiction novel, though. He will literally walk around the kids section at the library for an half an hour and not find one single book that he is interested in. HOWEVER, you can take him to the reference section and he will have a whole stack of books within minutes. He is a facts person, and so he enjoys reading about real people/places/things. It took us a while to figure that out about him, but he has since done a lot better. We let them read whatever (within reason, of course) that they are interested in. . . I don't necessarily pick out books for them to read.