View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #31
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: any EBF mommas NOT wait?

My kids have ranged in when they started solids. My daughter was 5 months when she grabbed an apple and shoved it in her mouth. She didn't really eat it, but she gnawed on it with such ferocity that we decided to give her a try at solids. Both my sons were 6 months when they started solids. One would nurse a full meal and then eat two jars of baby food (and I had to wonder where he was putting it all!) The other just kind of went with it. I'm now on baby 4 and he's only 5 months old. Thus far he's stolen turkey from his dad's Thanksgiving dinner, a pancake from his brother, and some graham crackers. Seriously, took it straight off of plates! We can't hold him or even sit on the floor with a plate or leave a plate on the coffee table without him snatching food off of a plate! It's super cute because he'll attempt to crawl away with it like a wild animal. I intended to wait until 6 months to start solids, but I guess he had other plans. He wasn't even quite 5 months when he got his first taste. Of course, we're on the baby led weaning route (because he's kind of told us that's how he wants it effectively), so results may vary if you decide to go with other forms of feeding.

Personally, I'd say go with what your baby needs. If baby's ready, go for it. There's no real harm in starting earlier than 6 months in my experience. Some babies might not even be ready by 6 months, so why rush it?
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote