View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Switching between diapers and panties?

I just posted in here, but I have a different question. My 2yo DD is potty trained during the day (currently having some issues, but hopefully just a phase), but we still use a diaper when we go out because 1) a lot of the places we go are long-ish drives with no places to stop in between that I could get to quickly enough and 2) I have a newborn and by the time I get both kids out of the car or into a bathroom wherever we're at, it would be too late. However, I do encourage her to still tell me when she has to go...sometimes I can get her there, sometimes I can't, and I don't think she can really hold it for too long yet, or at least she doesn't realize about holding it for too long. But, I'm afraid that this just causes confusion b/c she's supposed to always go on the potty at home, but then it is "okay" to go in her diaper if she needs to when we're out. And sometimes when we're driving, she'll tell me she has to go, and I have to tell her to just go in her diaper because there's nowhere for me to stop. Taking a little potty along would work sometimes, but (this sounds awful) mostly it would be more difficult than anything because it is so cold out, our vehicle is kind of crowded now w/2 carseats so she couldn't sit in the car and go, and lots of times this happens when I'm on a time limit, like trying to get to an appointment or something. How do you eliminate the confusion in switching back and forth between diapers and panties? Also, not that it makes much difference, but I can't put a pull up on her instead of a diaper because she soaks right through a pull up if she pees.
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote