View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmama10

We tried fitteds when he was about 1ish. They just aren't for us. He felt the diaper and the wet sensation from it which is part of the reason they didn't work for us. We took a break from cloth to sposies for overnight when he outgrew the absorbency of the MF inserts (I was double-stuffing them). This was about 4mos or so. We've been PLing so I thought we're close to being done. We're close on daytime but not so much for ov. We recently went back to cloth and he loves being in them (in fact he says no to sposies when I tried to put them on last night) but he wakes up wet just about every morning so far. Ugh!!
I feel your pain. I find the stay-dry insert and a large fleece liner (I just cut up a fleece blanket to size) helps with that wet feeling. Maybe a large fleece soaker could help over the top of your pocket? It contains the wetness well. Our old standby was a 3-layer bamboo insert, trifolded thirsties hemp prefold, and the flip stay-dry insert in a Flip cover. I wish that still worked! It's amazing how much they can wet!